Residential and commercial Duke Energy customers have the opportunity to apply for the Duke Energy solar rebate. Residential customers can receive a rebate of up to $4,000 while commercial customers can receive a rebate of up to $30,000. Applying for the Duke Solar Rebate can be somewhat difficult, especially since applications often reach the program capacity limits quickly.
If you are currently interested in the Duke Solar rebate program, you should know the following information before applying.
How Much Solar Rebate Are Customers Entitled To?
Residential Duke Energy customers could be entitled to up to $.40 per solar watt installed in 2021. This means you could apply for a $4,000 rebate if you installed a 10-kilowatt solar system. Commercial customers could be entitled to up to $.30 per solar watt.
A maximum of 5,000 kilowatts for the residential program is allocated each year. In other words, a maximum of 500 homeowners with 10-kilowatt systems could be chosen. In general, the average system is smaller than 10 kilowatts, usually 7.5 to 8 kilowatts.
Important Application Information
Since there are so many applications for so few rebates, it is necessary to fully comprehend the application process. We at Yes Solar Solutions advise clients to take extra steps if they wish to receive a rebate.
The next enrollment period will begin at 9:00 a.m. on Wednesday, July 7, 2021. Applications will remain open until 9:00 a.m. Wednesday, July 14, 2021. Duke Energy customers who installed their systems between October 6, 2020, and January 6, 2021, as well as any time on or after April 8, 2021, will be eligible to apply. Those who installed their systems on or after April 8, 2021, may apply any time that week.
• Applications are reviewed in the order they are submitted.
• Due to the volume of applications, some may be placed on a waiting list.
• Customers will know if they are eligible for a rebate or if they have been placed on a waiting list within two weeks of the application closing.
To apply for the Duke Energy Solar Rebate:
1. Click the “Apply Now” link in the picture banner. This link will appear functional at 9:00 a.m.
2. Enter your customer ID supplied by Yes Solar Solutions.
3. Enter your email address, name and installer email address.
4. Enter your service address.
5. Enter your bill’s mailing address.
6. Choose residential, commercial or nonprofit customer type.
7. Enter in the AC KW project size.
8. Print and save final application confirmation.
Interconnection Projects Timeline
For 2021 and 2022, residential customers who wish to apply must complete their project by December 31st of the same year. For non-residential customers with an executed interconnection agreement, projects must be completed no later than 365 days from the date of the agreement. If a non-residential customer’s project is under 20KW, an agreement will not be required, but the installation must be finished 365 days from the date the rebate reservation is obtained.
Have Questions Regarding Solar Solutions & Rebates For Your Home or Business?
When it comes to solar solutions for your home or company, don’t take any chances. We, at Yes Solar Solutions, deliver expert solar energy consulting and premium-quality solar power system installation services to homeowners, businesses, nonprofits, municipalities and government and military agencies throughout the Carolinas.
Contact us online or call our team directly at (919) 804-1490 for a free, no obligation consultation today!