Opening Bell on the Duke Rebate Applications
Yes Solar Solutions Co-founder and President Stew Miller rang the opening bell at 9:01 a.m. today to start the Duke Energy solar rebate applications. If you live in North Carolina, are a Duke Energy or Duke Energy Progress customer, you are eligible for a rebate on a solar array of up to $6,000. Today we submitted rebate applications for many of our customers, and many more submitted their own applications. It’s not too late to take advantage of the rebate for 2019 or 2020, which together with the federal tax credit, and the low solar panel prices, make going solar affordable.
Duke Energy Solar Rebate Eligibility and Details
- Customer must have applied for interconnection and have a project number prior to applying to the NC Solar Rebate Program. Yes applies for interconnection for all our customers.
- Customer must complete and submit their Solar Rebate Application within 90 days following installation of the system. Yes can also apply on your behalf.
- Customer may apply prior to installation of the generating system in which case a written guarantee will be provided reserving the rebate. For a residential customer who obtains a rebate reservation prior to installation, the installation must be completed no later than December 31 in the year in which the reservation was obtained. For a nonresidential customer who obtains a rebate reservation prior to installation, the
installation must be completed no later than 365 days from the date of an executed interconnection agreement by the company. If a customer does not install before December 31, they can reapply for 2020.
- Customer must qualify for Net Metering.
- The incentive for residential customers shall not exceed 10 kW-AC and for nonresidential customers shall not exceed 100 kW-AC. The rebate is $.60 per watt ($6,000 on a 10kW AC system) for residential customers and $.50 per watt ($50,000 on a 100kW AC system) for non-residential and $.75 per watt ($75,000 on a 100kW AC system) for a non-profit customer.
- The proposed solar PV system must be roof- or ground-mounted on your property.
More information is on the Duke Energy website.
2019 is the last year for the federal tax credit at the full 30%, but it will reduce to 26% in 2020 and reduce each year through December 31 of 2021. With a rebate and a 30% tax credit and the low cost of solar panels, Yes Solar Solutions can help you go solar today. For a free estimate, call 919-459-4155.