Are you among the many North Carolina residents who enjoy living in a master-planned community? If so, chances are you have a homeowner’s association. Its goals include enforcing rules to keep the peace, ensuring that the properties within its boundaries stay well-maintained and retain high resale values.
Depending on your community or area, some homeowners associations (HOAs) have more regulations than others, and some may not view solar panels as being an asset when it comes to curb appeal.
What you may not know however, is that North Carolina has solar access statutes that prohibit HOAs from preventing reasonable use of solar panels. However, obtaining approval for a solar-based system from the HOA can still be challenging.
Our team of residential solar experts are here to help. Here are just some of the many benefits solar can provide when it comes to getting your solar installation approved by your homeowners association:
• Increases Home Value – Your home may jump up to $20.00 in value for every $1.00 you save on annual electric costs, helping the HOA meet its purpose of retaining high resale value.
• Environmentally Friendly – Solar power reduces reliance on fossil-fueled power plants, which contribute to local air pollution. By installing solar in your home, you can reduce your carbon footprint and minimize your pull from the power grid.
• Saves Money – Going solar can help you save money by significantly reducing your power bill. Some of your savings can go towards improving the exterior of your home, boosting curb appeal and potentially neighborhood home values.
• Protects Our Future – Air pollution not only impacts the environment, but it can lead to serious health problems, including chronic bronchitis and asthma. Appeal to the HOA’s sense of responsibility by helping protect your children’s health and future.
• Virtually Invisible – Depending on the orientation of your home and rooflines, the panels may not be visible from the street. You can save money, make your home eco-friendly and still meet the aesthetic requirements of the HOA.
• Indicates Global Responsibility – Many current and potential homeowners see solar panels as a badge of honor. By going solar, not only are you showing that you are environmentally responsible but also financially wise.
• Adds Beauty – Advancements in technology have improved the appearance of photovoltaic panels. Sleek, low-profile systems with a smooth, light-trapping surface provide a cleaner appearance than older solutions. These solar systems can become part of the aesthetics of the home or remain unobtrusive.
Ready For The Benefits Of Solar In Your Home?
For homeowners who want to reduce their carbon footprint and harness the sun’s natural energy, solar panels are an attractive solution.
Contact our experts at Yes Solar Solutions to find out if your home is a good candidate for a solar solution that includes panels, a backup system, energy storage or an electric vehicle charging station. Call (919) 925-4707 today!