The First PV inverter-Integrated EV Charger
You may recall our recent post on the SolarEdge HD-Wave inverter. The post highlighted the vast difference in weight, size and efficiency of the new inverter. Well, there is something else exciting to talk about that will push EV charging to the next level. It’s all the technology of the HD-Wave inverter with integrated EV charger. To get an idea of how cool this is, think of powering your electric vehicle directly from the power produced from your solar panels. From panels to vehicle. This integration also offers homeowners the ability to charge electric vehicles up to six times faster than a standard Level 1 charger. “How?” you ask. Through an innovative solar boost mode that utilizes grid and PV charging simultaneously. In addition, as an added benefit, a homeowner does not have to install an EV charger along with a PV inverter. With less equipment to install you can free up space and limit the wiring necessary and eliminate conduit and a breaker installation. There is no need for an additional dedicated circuit breaker. Once again, saving space but also ruling out a need to upgrade to a main distribution panel.
Say you don’t own an EV… yet. Well installing the PV inverter-integrated EV Charger can be a good move if you plan to drive an EV in the future. Here are some quick benefits of a PV Inverter-Integrated EV Charger.
- Combines sun and grid power for charging up to six times faster (compared to existing electrical infrastructure)
- Lessens cost and workload of installing a standalone EV charger and a PV inverter
- 12-year warranty, extendable to 20 or 25 years available
- Saves space on main distribution panel avoiding need to upgrade
- Fully integrated with SolarEdge monitoring platform (more on this below)
- Built-in meter enables separate tracking of EV power usage for control and visibility
The SolarEdge EV charger supports full network connectivity and integrates seamlessly with the SolarEdge monitoring platform. Homeowners can:
- Track charging status
- Control vehicle charging
- Set charging schedules
- Smart-scheduling, charge from the grid during off peak hours or when grid rates are lower
- Track PV, EV, and grid consumption along with household energy usage
- Remote operation via mobile app. You can turn charging on and off directly from your smartphone! View charging duration, charge energy, and percent charge from PV
The Latest Solar Technology
Although it is not available yet, Yes Solar Solutions is ready to integrate the best technology on the market, including this great new setup from SolarEdge. We set the industry standards for the installation of quality equipment and are leading the way in PV installations both commercial and residential, EV charging, battery backup and solar storage. Give us a call to learn more about the latest solar technology on the market and how we can customize a plan for your needs. We are here to make solar simple and help you achieve “The Power of Independence”.