Today we kicked off our weekend at the Raleigh Home Show
So far, it has been a great turn out. We have met and had the opportunity to talk solar with people from North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia and surrounding states. Our experts fielded questions ranging from new construction to fitting solar on mid 80’s or even historic houses. That said, we have noticed a trend in the commonly asked questions.
It is great to be able to answer these questions in person. We really enjoy talking to you and invite you to come out to the show as we are here in Raleigh all weekend! We can make solar simple for you. If you can’t make it to the show this weekend, let’s get the conversation started and give us a call. We would call you, but we may not know you yet.
One especially great thing about getting to explain solar to people is that after talking to us, most people realize that solar is more affordable and accessible than they thought. We have identified the top 4 questions from today (so far) and wanted to pass them along. It is great to feel the “energy” after talking to you all about solar!
1.) What’s This About a Solar Rebate?
Duke Energy Customers can apply and receive a rebate for installing solar:
- Up to $6,000 for a residential installation
- Up to $50,000 for a commercial installation (business)
- Up to $75,000 for a non-profit
Here are the details on the Duke Energy Solar Rebate, give us a call to talk through your energy goals and needs!
2.) How Much Does It Cost and What About The Solar Tariffs?
There has never been a better time to go solar… Seriously! With the rebate mentioned above, the 30% federal tax credit and panels at a good price, the incentives to go solar are great. Solar system costs are based on the size of the system. Each system is sized to the unique annual energy needs of each customer, the facility, and the optimal amount of roof space. We offer free site assessments to get an idea about consumption patterns and electric rate schedules, and financial incentives.
That said, it is important to note that solar tariffs were just announced by the current administration, (30% tariff on imported solar panels). Luckily, because we have been in business since 2009 and have proven our commitment to quality, we have a great relationship with our panel providers, and we can still provide the highest quality/most efficient panel at a relatively unaffected price.
Included in our price is permitting and engineering. We provide turnkey solar energy systems. Yes Solar Solutions obtains all necessary building and electrical permits for each system we install. We are a licensed general contractor, a licensed electrical contractor and the only NABCEP accredited company in the Carolinas. You know you’re always getting the best quality work available.
3.) What Was That Online About Free Solar AND This Other Company Offered Me A “Special Deal”?
Beware of companies in it for the quick buck, either small and inexperienced or large and experienced, getting in on a “hot solar market”, only to leave after the installation is complete.
- Nope, solar is not free. Anyone who says that, should be questioned! But it is a great investment, and we have financing options that make it easy. Regardless, our custom designs ensure the best system payback timeline.
- Lower cost companies may be talking low cost by saying “Low Overhead” that means the installer likely works out of their house, with less experience and may not be able to service warranties for the long-term. What about their liability and workers’ compensation insurance? This is a significant long-term investment, you want a company that will be there for you.
- Websites offering multiple quotes at once but offer no installation services at all. They are just trying to get your information to pass along (or “sell” to installers).
- Monthly or seasonal deals. Look in depth, as it usually does not benefit the customer!
One of Yes Solar Solutions’ core values is that we set industry standards, we are committed to the customer, each other and the environment. It guides everything we do. And we make solar simple. To that end, we have put together a list of the Top 9 Questions To Ask A Solar Company. You will be glad you asked these questions!
4.) Ok, Sounds Good Then, How Does A Solar PV System Work?
- The photovoltaic (PV) modules on solar panels convert sunlight into electricity. PV solar systems react directly to sunlight utilizing modular panels that are made of silicon. The system generates (DC) direct current electricity.
- The DC electricity goes to an inverter which converts the electricity into alternating current (AC) for use in your home or business.
- Depending on your utility and current policies, you can tie into the grid. In most cases, you can get credits for excess energy sent to the grid. Energy storage or going off-grid can also be an option. We custom design each solar installation and ensure you get the most efficiency out of your solar panel system. We have extensive knowledge of utility company policies and can help navigate the best set up for you, your energy needs and your home or business.
Bonus Question. Is That a Tesla Powerwall?
Interested in solar, energy storage, battery backup or electric vehicle charging? We can help out, give us a call at 919-459-4155!
Even if we do not see you this weekend, we hope to talk to you soon!