Duke Energy Proposes $62 Million Solar Rebate Program in North Carolina
- Savings potential of $4,800 for an average residential solar array, with potential savings of up to $6,000
- Savings potential of up to $50,000 for business installations.
- Enhanced rebate program for churches, schools and non profits.
As part of HB589, also known as the Competitive Energy Solutions Law for North Carolina, Duke Energy announced today a solar rebate program that makes solar more affordable for our customers.
What you want to know!
- Receive as much as $6,000. Eligible residential customers will be eligible to apply their rebate for a system size up to 10kW.
- Nonresidential and nonprofit customers are eligible for a rebate for a system size up to 100kW.
- Nonresidential customers could receive as much as $50,000 and nonprofit customers could receive up to $75,000
North Carolina Solar Rebate Program Highlights
- 5 Year Rebate Program effective January 1, 2018 through December 31, 2022
- Solar rebates available up to 10kW/AC for residential solar systems and 100kW/AC on non-residential solar systems (businesses, government, non-profit organizations)
- Available for all Duke Energy Carolinas and Duke Energy Progress residential and non-residential customers (businesses, government and non-profits)
- Program capacity of 20MW per year for 5 years (10 MW of installed capacity each for Duke Energy Carolinas and Duke Energy Progress)
- 5MW of installed capacity annually allotted to non-residential customers with 2.5MW of this capacity set aside for nonprofit customer solar projects and 50kW set aside for NC GreenPower
Give us a call at 919-459-4155 or submit a consultation request for more information. For complete details and full list of rebates and incentives for 2018 please visit our commercial and residential incentives pages.