Solarize the Triangle
Solarize the Triangle 2022
Solarize the Triangle is a community-based group-purchasing program for solar energy, battery storage, and other clean energy technologies that helps homeowners, businesses and nonprofits become more resilient, reduce energy expenses, and save on the cost of renewable energy systems by obtaining volume discounts on materials and installation services — the more that participate, the greater the savings!
Solarize the Triangle’s organizers selected Cary-based Yes Solar Solutions as the installer based on detailed criteria to ensure best-in-class materials will be installed by qualified solar professionals for the lowest price through volume purchasing.
Solarize the Triangle organizers will offer a series of clean-energy education and outreach events with the goal of increasing participation through a better understanding of rooftop solar components, suitability assessment considerations, and contract provisions.
The Objectives of the Regional Program Include:
- Making solar energy more affordable: lower the cost of solar energy through the power of group-purchasing and reduced acquisition costs. Savings passed to residents of the Triangle region;
- Making solar energy more accessible: contractor(s), materials and pricing will be highly vetted for best practices using a competitive bid process;
- Education and community engagement: widespread community engagement, education and outreach activities through town hall meetings, workshops, solar “open house” gatherings, and outreach through local community groups and events;
- Promoting solar-positive policies: encourage local governments to adopt streamlined solar energy permitting policies and fair utility distributed generation policies; and
- Giving back: Solarize the Triangle and selected contractors will use a portion of campaign proceeds to donate a solar energy system to a deserving local nonprofit organization and/or help to underwrite solar-energy systems for qualified low- and moderate-Income families with high energy burdens.
What To Expect from Solarize the Triangle
- Savings: Savings of up to 25% through group purchase of materials, focus on a limited geographic area, and tiered pricing schedule.
- Vetted Contractor and Materials: Through a competitive bid process, Solarize includes the selection of a qualified solar contractors and best-in-class materials so you don’t have to.
- Free Solar Evaluations: Sign up and get a free solar evaluation including preliminary site design, energy usage profile, and financial analysis.
- Education and Outreach: Several free workshop and education events that include discussions on Solar 101, the Solarize the Triangle program, and pros and cons of solar. You will meet the contractors, learn about materials, pricing and payback, and get your questions answered.
- Community Support: Don’t go it alone. With Solarize the Triangle, you have the support of the community every step of the way.
- Limited Time Campaign: To generate interest and motivate procrastinators. Once the campaign ends, discount pricing goes away.
Phone: (770) 288-0440
- City of Raleigh
- Town of Morrisville
- Durham County
- Town of Hillsborough
- Town of Apex
- City of Durham
- Orange County
- Town of Cary
- Chatham County
- Town of Chapel Hill
- Town of Carrboro
Still Unsure? Search Here
Solarize the Triangle is accepting registrations for the campaign through December 31, 2022. Interested residents may go to solarizethetriangle.com to learn more about the program and sign up for a free evaluation!
All solar and battery installations are expected to be completed by Nov. 30, 2023.